Brand new pellet burner beeping when pellets drop

Feb 14, 2019 - 10:24 AM

• I know PBs make lots of noises but this is going to drive me mad! Every four seconds when the pellets are shot down into the brazier there is a low beep, but loud enough for me to hear several rooms away. It's less noticeable at higher output levels due to the burner noise but I don't want it on high! The motor has been changed to no avail. Any ideas?

• What Make and model is the pellet stove?

• It's an Italian model - Ferroli Lira Plus. I actually live on Mallorca, Spain and there seems to be no support here on the island, hence my reaching out on the internet. Everyone seems to think Mallorca is hot but it was minus 1 the other night and I am keen to get some heat into this old rural house!

• Hello
    The first thing to check is the owner's manual for this model pellet stove for any beep sounds and check operation section to assure the controls are set properly.
    Download your owner's manual here
    https://ferroli.com/media/Manual-Instrucciones-Estufa-LIRA-PLUS.pdf

• Thank you Don. Sadly it's not an alarm type beep, more a mechanical beep when the pellets are pushed thru, so not mentioned in the manual. However, yesterday the machine refused to start so I fear a major fault. Think it simply needs to be returned to Ferroli! But thanks for your input.

• There is one important issue with pellet stoves and their worst enemy - Moisture!
    If the pellets absorb too much moisture they will jamb the auger and not feed properly! The pellets must be stored inside in a very dry place! A damp basement will not work! So please make a note of that!
    Also never clean the fire box with any liquid or even a damp rag!

Quick reply