How do I replace the HU5S thermal fuse on my combustion motor for a Harman Accentra-2 pellet stove

Nov 14, 2023 - 4:53 PM

• I have several thermal fuses (HU5X) that came with my instruction/service manual.
    My stove just upped and quit working. The distrubition blower quit and the fire went out.
    Through all my trouble shooting I found that the low pressure switch works, the ESP probe works, the room temp probe works, the distrubition fan works. That is when I go into test mode on the control panel.
    I found in the instuction book a small note about the Combustion motor fuse. it is a one time thermal fuse and requires service to fix it. It seems I hav 4 thermal fuses the (HU5X) but no info about them or how to relace them.
    does anyone have any information or notes on how to do this?
    I replaced the motor two years ago and my stove is clean.
    Bob

• Anonymous:
    I have several thermal fuses (HU5X) that came with my instruction/service manual.
    My stove just upped and quit working. The distrubition blower quit and the fire went out.
    Through all my trouble shooting I found that the low pressure switch works, the ESP probe works, the room temp probe works, the distrubition fan works. That is when I go into test mode on the control panel.
    I found in the instuction book a small note about the Combustion motor fuse. it is a one time thermal fuse and requires service to fix it. It seems I hav 4 thermal fuses the (HU5X) but no info about them or how to relace them.
    does anyone have any information or notes on how to do this?
    I replaced the motor two years ago and my stove is clean.
    Bob

Oops! tge title should read for the thermal fuse HU5X not HU5S

• Hello
    Thermal fuses that are typically used are like the one in the picture below and are soldered into the wiring of the motor.
    Specs
    15 Amp @ 125 VAC
    10 Amp @ 250 VAC
    With a cutoff limit of 121 Degrees Celsius.
    Yo can purchase these thermal fuses on Amazon and cutout the bad one and solder this one in it’s place.
    What model is your Harman pellet stove?

0C9AD51A-7EA5-496C-BE83-5F74EBAF4912.png

This post was edited Nov 15, 2023 05:56PM
Quick reply