Napoleon TPS 35 Shut Down

Nov 2, 2019 - 9:36 AM

• I have a TPS 35 that I just had professionally cleaned. After the service the stove starts up just fine. It goes through the start up cycle for 12-15 minutes, the pellets feed just fine. After that time a blinking light (error code) on heat level 1 comes on and the stove shuts down. I have checked the vaccum tube for obstructions and the vaccum switch to make sure it is working properly ( using a gentle suction on the tube until I heard a clicking noise from the switch) My feeling is that either the high temperature limit switch is bad or the low temperature limit switch is bad. I reset the small red button(between the electrical contacts) on the high temperature switch once and the stove ran fine without shutting down. Any thoughts before I purchase parts to replace?

• Hello
    Yes, it is either the Hi Limit switch, you can bypass it by pulling the wires off and connecting the wires together or
    the vacuum switch, you can pull those wires off by connecting them together.
    Sucking on the vacuum hose only checks the mechanical switch. It does not check the bladder to see if it holds air and does not leak.
    If you have a leak, then you need a new vacuum switch.
    Also check the door and ashpan gaskets for any air leaks with the dollar bill test.
    Shut them on the dollar bill and see if you can easily pull the bill out. If you can the gasket should be replaced.

Quick reply