Harman P68 Not Getting Enough Pellets

Jan 12, 2024 - 3:55 PM

• I have a 5 year old P68. Just recently the auger is not supplying enough pellets to sustain the fire. It shuts down on a low temp (Six Blinks) Auger drive has been replaced. No obstructions in flue. Gaskets appear good. Control board is turning it on and off. I starts out ok but about half way into filling the burn pot it starts going on and off. Only staying on for a second so burn pot never gest enough fuel. Changed brand of pellet, no change. Any ideas?

• Hello
    When things like this happen it seems to be the circuit board, Therefore I would replace the circuit board and also make sure your stove is plugged into a very good surge protector like a Tripp Lite brand.
    Link to new circuit board.
    https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/harman-oem-4-output-circuit-board-comes-w-3-knobs-and-3-knob-shafts-1-00-05886?_pos=1&_sid=7c9f78e57&_ss=r

• So I did some more digging. I noticed that no pellets were coming out of the auger. I emptied the hopper and cleared of the slide plate. Put a light into the opening where the pellets slide to. Opened the fines cleanout door and looked for the light. Dark as night. Took a wire with a hooked end and started to pull out everything that was in there. Pulled out one pellet that was about 2 inches long. Then I took a shop vac on suction and vacuumed out top and bottom. I thin switched to blow and blew out from top. A lot of fines came out. Now i can see light through the cleanout door. Loaded some pellets into the hopper and put the stove into startup. I got good pellet delivery into the burn pot and ignition occurred as expected. I did however forget to remove the pellets that were already in the burn pot so the flame was intense. It caused a two light blink error. I let the the fire burn down and the error cleared. It came back a few minutes latter. I put the stove into shutdown and then unplugged it. Plugged back in, put in run mode and alarm was clear. It has been running now for 14 hours with no issues. So, if you get a six light fault and everything else checks out then clean the hopper and fines catcher on the side of the auger you normally don't look at. This will now be part of my end of season cleaning regiment.

• Good work. That is a good thing to check
    Thanks for letting us know.
    The # 2 blinks means a vacuum issue, that could be a bad door or ash pan seal or a bad vacuum switch so if the stove is old then keep your eye on those parts too.

Quick reply