Need help diagnosing a problem with my stove

Oct 22, 2018 - 5:52 PM

• I'm having issues with my stove and am trying to figure out where to begin.

• What's the make and model of your stove?

• Englander 25-PDVC.

• What seems to be the problem?

• My stove isn't feeding pellets, I think it's the auger motor.

• That stove has two augers, if the bottom auger is turning and the stove isn't feeding pellets, the top auger isn't turning. The top auger has the safety sensors connected to them. You have to determine one of two things. There might be an operational error such as not leaving the hopper lid or fire door closed properly. The second is a safety sensor malfunction or a operational part failure. To see if it's the safety sensor check the two vacuum switches and their vacuum hoses. An operating part failure would be if the exhaust blower failed, auger motor failed, or a something fell into the hopper and caused an auger jam. Any of those would cause the sensor to fail and would stop the auger from turning.

• Okay, thanks for the thorough response. I'll check those and get back to you if I have any more questions. Thanks again.

• lennox 30-2

• pellets light and when temp says to start feeding pellets stove will shut down. might take 10-15 re-sets to finally run?

• pellets light and when temp says to start feeding pellets stove will shut down. might take 10-15 re-sets to finally run?

• Sounds like the amber lens in front of the Photo Eye needs cleaning.

• blower convection does not get up to speed and then it stop

• the on off button keeps flashing and it doesn't feed the pellets fast enough, even on high speed

• We just picked up a second hand saranac pellet stove. When plugged in to an outlet no lights are displayed on control panel. Do you think we need a new control bord or could it be another problem??

• Forgot where the two black wires hook up on my auger witfield pellet stove model 01875

Quick reply