Timberwolf tpi35

Nov 9, 2021 - 10:40 AM

• When starting up my pellet stove it fires up fine and everything seems fine. After 20 minutes or so it goes into shutdown mode. Would this be the low limit switch?

• Hello,
    Yes, it would be the low limit switch. Here's the correct one for your stove:
    https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/napoleon-timberwolf-exhaust-low-limit-switch-140f?_pos=1&_sid=afe0ecfca&_ss=r

• I tryed bypassing the low limit switch and it is still going into shutdown mode after about 20 minutes

• Try bypassing the vacuum switch.

• It’s not vacuum switch either. I’m lost

• Door gasket is fine. Stove is clean. Only other thing I can think of is maybe the exhaust blower isn’t running up to speed. Would this cause the stove to shut down after start up mode?

• Hello,
    If the exhaust blower is running, that shouldn't be the issue. Is your damper closed? You could check that. Another possibility is a bad auger motor. If it heats up, that could shut down the stove.

• Anyway to check to see if it is the auger motor? It seems to feed pellets fine and I have good fire when it clicks and goes into shutdown mode.

• Also the auger motor doesn’t feel hot at all to touch? And I’m not sure what the dampener is on these things

• The damper rod is on the side and it should be pulled out 1/4 of the way to allow enough air to feed the fire.

• Mine doesn’t have a damper rod just a adjustment screw on control board. I tryed turning it up a little and it’s doing the same thing

• I’m starting to think it’s a control board issue

• If everything else is good then it probably is the control board
    You can order a new control board here
    https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/timberwolf-control-panel-circuit-board-tps-35-tpi-35-w190-0035?_pos=1&_sid=e6c0ad9ac&_ss=r

This post was edited Nov 26, 2021 08:49PM
  • Ok, so I am still having pellet stove trouble. I have replaced both limit switches, vacuum switch, combustion blower, and control board. The stove fires up and catches but once it’s going out of start up mode it shuts off. I cannot figure this thing out. Any other ideas? I also messed with fresh air intake too and that did not help. Thanks

• Also tore it apart and cleaned it again just to make sure but still doing it.

• If the auger motor is old and weak then it may heat up and stop feeding pellets.

• I took the auger motor off and tested it. It still spun even when holding tension against it.

• That's is not the same as in the stove under a load of pellets. The auger motor is under more stress.

• Well I replaced the auger motor. Still doing doing the same thing.

• Did you check the vacuum hose and blow through it?
    Also did you try putting a pipe cleaner through the stove nipple where the vacuum hose is attached?

Quick reply