Englander Stove 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 Upper Auger not turning - SOLVED

Dec 8, 2021 - 7:16 PM

• The upper auger would not move. After watching many videos/reading posts about how to fix, I discovered two problems:

• The silicone hose from the vacuum shutdown switch connecting to the exhaust was dry, brittle, and broken (a common problem it seems).

• The upper auger refused to turn, even when swapping the power wires from the lower auger.

I bypassed the shutdown switches (to rule them out), swapped the power wires (to rule out a bad motor, or a jammed auger), then I ran the stove's diagnostic test mode, to prove no power is being supplied to the upper auger.

I tested my control panel/board at terminals #3 & #4--it supplied a constant 15.5VAC. Even after a complete shutdown, when no power should be supplied, terminals 3&4 still supplied a constant 15.5VAC. From what I learned online, the upper auger should be on (110-volts) for 3-4 seconds, then off (0-volts) for about 8-10 seconds.

I purchased a new control panel from East Coast Hearth, had it in four business days, and my stove is working perfectly now.

Englander Stove 25-PDVC/55-SHP10, mfg date 09/08

• Thanks so much for your comments

Quick reply