remote thermostat

Dec 22, 2021 - 7:21 AM

• I purchased a Skytech remote thermostat p/n 1001TH-A for my Engalander 25 EPI. Pulled the factory jumper and hooked up the stat. My stove just runs like normal off the control board settings and not the remote. I shut down and tryed connecting and relearning a second time with the same results. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

• Hello
    From Page 32 in the 25-EPI owners manual you may have a stove that is not responding and to call Englander Tech support. See Phone number in last line below:
    THERMOSTAT OPERATION
    Thermostat Operation Details
     The 25-EP was designed to operate equally well in both manual and thermostat mode.
    While using the control board for heating control gives the user control over the heat
    output of the stove, the thermostat allows the stove to “start-up” and “shutdown”
    independently, which will help maintain your house at a more constant temperature and
    save pellet fuel.
     The 25-EP can be connected to either a wall thermostat (Part # PU-DTSTAT) or wireless
    remote thermostat (Part # AC-3003). Although either thermostat will operate the stove
    properly, we highly recommend the wireless thermostat for the convenience of starting
    your pellet stove from anywhere in the house.
     THERMOSTAT OPERATION: This stove is equipped with a unique, new feature that
    allows two options for thermostatic operation: The stove comes from the factory preprogrammed
    in “On/Off mode,” which turns the stove on and off when the call for heat
    comes or leaves, like a furnace. The second, or “High/Low mode,” burns at whichever
    heat range you set the stove at until the call for heat leaves, at which point the stove goes
    to the Low heat range setting.
     To set the stove in the “High/Low mode,” unplug the unit and plug it back in, then press
    and release both down arrows; H L appears in the heat range and blower speed windows.
    The unit is now in “High/Low mode.” (Note: Repeat this to change back to “On/Off
    mode;” a 0 0 will appear in the heat range and blower speed windows). Using a
    thermostat in On/Off mode may shorten the life of your stove’s igniter.
     Please note: Certain units may not respond to this; if your unit does not respond in this
    manner please contact Technical Support at (800) 245-6489.

Quick reply