The auger doesn't turn on my Harman pellet stove.

Jun 8, 2019 - 1:24 PM

• I have a Harman pellet stove. My auger doesn't turn.

• It looks like a vacuum problem. If you don't have the latest Harman circuit board, you'll need to jump out the vacuum switch to check the problem. If the auger is not turning, you may remove both wires from the vacuum switch (make sure the stove is unplugged ) and then connect the two wires together. Plug in the stove and turn it on to see if the auger turns. If it does, then your problem could be the vacuum switch, a clogged vacuum hose, a bad hose, a clogged hopper muffler, or a leaky door or ash pan gasket. But if you have the latest Harman Circuit Board, you may simply check to see if status light blinks twice. That will also show that you have a vacuum error which also indicates you may need to replace or clean any of the parts above. Older control boards do not display the two blink error.

• How do I know if I have the latest Harman Circuit Board?

• There is usually a label on the back of the board with the part number on it. The part number usually starts with 3-20-followed by five more digits and a letter at the end. Older boards from older stoves may not have a label with the part number. If the letter at the end is an F, you have the latest Rev F Circuit Board. Also the Rev E Board says 2008 and the Rev F Board says 2016.

HarmanRevEcb-pic1.jpg

HarmanRevEcb-pic1.jpg

HarmanRevFcb-pic1.jpg

This post was edited Jun 11, 2019 05:17PM
  • Mine has an E at the end.

• Then you have an older board. Here's are some links if you'd like to purchase the vacuum switch and the Rev F board:

Vacuum switch
    https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/harman-differential-pressure-vacuum-switch-3-20-6866

Control Board
    https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/harman-oem-4-output-circuit-board-comes-w-3-knobs-and-3-knob-shafts-1-00-05886

• I'm thinking I might just try replacing the vacuum switch. Is there any other benefit to updating the control board?

• Definitely. It has a better heat algorithm. It heats the house more efficiently.

• I have a Harman stove and I just like to keep it up to date, but I'm not sure if I have the most current board. Is there a way of checking without pulling the control board out?

• Just remove one of the electrical wires on your vacuum switch and see if the status light blinks twice. If it does, you have the latest board.

• is the bottom auger suppose to turn constantly

• Hello
    The only pellet stoves that the bottom auger turns constantly at 1 RPM is the Englander Double auger stoves such as the 25-PDV 25-PDVC or 25-PFS
    The Harman pellet stove has one auger and it turns at 4 rpm intermittently depending upon the feed rate. The higher the heat level the longer the On Time.

Quick reply