pellet furnace error code.

Mar 13, 2023 - 1:29 PM

• My Fahernheit pellet furnace will start.. When the igniter turns off i get a reading on my control panel which reads auger time.. It then goes into shut down mode. Any one know about this? thanks.

• It could be one of two issues
    The are TWO possible causes. My friend has worked with Fahrenheit support on this issue so the information I'm providing is correct and directly from their technician...
    (1) The fan limit switch is faulty and tripping the overheat sensor when it's actually not overheating at all (my blower is operating normally). In order to isolate this issue, you can remove the cover to your fan limit switch (located inside a small square panel on the UPPER LEFT of the furnace as you're facing it), then remove the blue/orange wires on the lower right of the fan switch, and cap them using a wire nut to connect the wires. This will DISABLE the overheat sensor. If the auger timeout vanishes, your fan limit switch is faulty and needs to be replaced (of you can just run it like that, as long as your blower is kicking on and operating you likely won't risk overheating the unit, but do this with caution!). If you STILL see an auger timeout, it's likely your control board that is bad.
    This auger timeout issue can take anywhere from a few minutes to 24-36 hrs to surface, it usually repeats itself more quickly if you reset the unit and reignite it soon after the auger timeout causes a shutdown. The timeout issue may not happen at all if you full power of your unit and power back on (to power cycle and reset the circuitry) before igniting it, so it's a workaround in this cold weather to get a full day's usage out of your furnace.

Replacing the fan limit switch is not as easy as replacing the control board (per Fahrenheit's technician), the control board is an expensive part (over $400) while the fan switch is less expensive to replace.

As always, disconnect power to your Fahrenheit unit whenever you remove parts or mess with wiring or you risk shocking yourself.

This post was edited Mar 14, 2023 06:51PM
Quick reply