Quadra Fire Santa Fe.......control box lights

Mar 15, 2020 - 12:00 PM

• Control box blue light came on when the auger energized.....now only one steady red over the fuze and one steady red in the control box....yet the auger works fine.......I unplugged...pushed reset button....works yet no blue auger light ....thoughts?

• And a good day Don!....Well I removed the control box......then reinstalled it back into the connection...turned it on and it is back running!.....a steady red over the fuze and a steady red inside the control box.....nothing different.......stove does run.....hhhhhhmmm thoughts?

This post was edited Mar 15, 2020 12:24PM
  • Hello Doug,
    It is normal to see a blue light. When the stove first starts. The blue light blinks a number of times to indicate which stove model it is set up to work with. The red or reddish orange light above the fuse is the Call for Heat light and stays on as long as the thermostat is calling for heat. It stays on until the t-stat is satisfied and opens the connection between the two t-stat wires.
    If you have the newer control box with the clear cover and you see an amber light, this means the thermocouple has failed and should be fixed or replaced or the stove will not continue to run.

This post was edited Nov 26, 2021 08:41PM
  • Anyone have thoughts on a Quadra Fire Castile auger/feed motor not working? Checked things from manual and manufacturer's trouble shooting video. First ensured vacuum tube is cleared out at both ends and within tube itself. Next tried resets on snap disc 2 & 3. Then plugged in my back up feed motor, but that also didn't turn (notably the older motor in the unit sounded fine until is stopped running). I also plugged in a back-up vacuum switch but that didn't help. I also bridged connections for vacuum switch in case both were dead. Checked each of three snap discs by bridging connection. Sill nothing. Red call light goes on normally and element gets red hot per normal. Even loaded pellets manually to see if everything else worked fine and it did. Convection blower eventually came on and went back off normally once fuel burned down. The clear control box flashes blue six times at start up, which I believe just indicates type of stove but could be wrong. One thought was bad wire. For what it's worth, I did use volt meter and had 250 V AC detected at all connections. Last thought is possible bad control box? The unit did stop working right, immediately after moving unit (which jars it) to clear out fly ash from chimney liner trap.

• A bad control box can cause the pellets not to feed. I have seen that happen a few times
    You can order a new one here
    https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/copy-of-control-box-quadra-fire-800-1000-1100i-812-0261?_pos=2&_sid=431fd203a&_ss=r

• My exhaust blower will not shut off

• Hello,

A control box issue would cause that to happen. You can find one here:

https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/copy-of-control-box-quadra-fire-800-1000-1100i-812-0261?_pos=1&_sid=37151368d&_ss=r

• Hi, I was getting the thermocouple light flash so I changed that out. Now no more flashing yellow light.
    Stove fires up and all looks good however, pellets will not feed after ignition. They will only feed during start up. The amber call for heat light above the fuse is illuminated. The red light inside the control box is not.

• If the auger does not turn after ignition check the Thermocouple. Check that the wires are connected to the proper terminals and the green ground wire is also connected to the proper one. Check attached PDF of T-Couple Instructions

QuadrafireThermocoupleGroundingKitForAllPelletAppliances.pdf QuadrafireThermocoupleGroundingKitForAllPelletAppliances.pdf

• My control board is new I installed it back in November and wired up the ground accordingly. The adjustment screw is also in the correct configuration. Do you think I received a bad thermocouple or is my box defective?

• It sounds more like something with the thermocouple. I had a problem similar to that and all I had to do was switch the thermocouple wires and that fixed it.

• Thank you Don, that did the trick.

• so six blue flashes means nothing?

• Hello,
    The number of blue flashes shows the Quadra-fire stove model the box is set up for. I attached a PDF that shows what the flashes mean.

Quadrafire Control Box Replacement.pdf Quadrafire Control Box Replacement.pdf

This post was edited Nov 10, 2022 02:48PM
  • My heat is set lower than inside temp and I have a solid green light. But my control box continues to click and the red light above the fuse flutters.

• Anonymous:
    My heat is set lower than inside temp and I have a solid green light. But my control box continues to click and the red light above the fuse flutters.
    —->> it’s a quad core Santa Fe and stove is new as of Nov. 2022 and cleaned weekly!

• what does a flashing orange light mean in the control box----comes on when I turn up thermostat---and pellets dont feed---If I unplug the unit and plug it back in there is no flashing orange light --the red call light is on like normal and everything runs like normal-----Once the unit shuts off then has to restart due to temp drop, the same thing happens--flashing orange light

• The orange light is a bad thermocouple or a loose thermocouple cover.
    The tip of the cover should touch the wire inside.

• My Quadra fire sante fe stove is smoking very badly on startup. Smoke bellows out of the side panel. The set up has not changed for the 7 years i have lived here. I cleaned the chimney pipes like always before starting my stove up this fall. Any ideas?

• Check all the seams in the venting and I have also found that the exhaust blower housing flange has a very good chance of causing the problem if it is not firmly bolted and sealed with silicone properly.
    Here is a link to a picture of the piece I am talking about.
    https://www.eastcoasthearth.com/products/copy-of-exhaust-blower-housing-flange-us-part-40494?_pos=2&_sid=a19513e3f&_ss=r

Quick reply